Who Should Take This Course:
- Writers who have a full first draft of a MG or YA or adult novel.
- Writers have an almost finished first draft of a MG or YA novel.
- Writers who have taken KA Holt’s other Writing Barn class.
- Writers who have hit road blocks in their stories.
- Writers looking to add depth to their writing.
- Writers who want to polish their work so they can submit to agents and editors.
- Writers looking for feedback from a well-published instructor.
- Writers looking for craft and camaraderie on their writing/publishing journey.
Dates of this series, Tuesday nights 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20.
Kari Anne Holt is the author of several middle grade novels in verse including House Arrest (Chronicle), a Bank Street Best Book of the Year 2015, and Rhyme Schemer (Chronicle), an Amazon Best Book for Kids and Teens, and a Bank Street Best Book of the Year. Her novel in haiku, Brains for Lunch, was highlighted on the Texas Library Association’s Annotated Lone Star Reading List for 2011. She is also the author of Gnome-a-geddon, Red Moon Rising, and Mike Stellar: Nerves of Steel, a nominee for the 2014 Connecticut Library Association Nutmeg Book Award and the 2013 Maud Hart Lovelace Award. Kari is also a member of the spontaneous poetry-writing troupe Typewriter Rodeo. She lives in Austin, TX with her partner and three malevolently charming children.